Chao Chen, Ph.D., Assistant Professor
Department of Biomedical Informatics
Computer Science Building 2313C
Stony Brook, NY 11794
- Robust machine learning.
- Image segmentation.
- Brain image analysis and cardiac image analysis.
- Pathology image analysis: tumor microenvironment analysis, cell detection and segmentation.
1. Andrew Aukerman, Mathieu Carrière, Chao Chen, Kevin Gardner, Raúl Rabadán, Rami Vanguri: "Persistent Homology Based Characterization ofthe Breast Cancer Immune Microenvironment: A Feasibility Study", in International Symposium on Computational Geometry (SoCG), 2020.
2. Shahira Abousamra, Danielle Fassler, Le Hou, Yuwei Zhang, Rajarsi Gupta, Tahsin Kurc, Luisa F. Escobar-Hoyos, Dimitris Samaras, Beatrice Knudson, Kenneth Shroyer, Joel Saltz, Chao Chen: "Weakly-Supervised Deep Stain Decomposition for Multiplex IHC Images", in IEEE International Symposium on Biomedical Imaging (ISBI), 2020
3. Ze Ye, Kin Sum Liu, Tengfei Ma, Jie Gao, Chao Chen: "Curvature Graph Network", in the Eighth International Conference on Learning Representations (ICLR), 2020.
4. Xiaoling Hu, Fuxin Li, Dimitris Samaras, Chao Chen: "Topology-Preserving Deep Image Segmentation", in the Thirty-third Conference on Neural Information Processing Systems (NeurIPS), 2019.
5. Chao Chen, Xiuyan Ni, Qinxun Bai, Yusu Wang: "A Topological Regularizer for Classifiers via Persistent Homology", in International Conference on Artificial Intelligence and Statistics (AISTATS), 2019
6. Xiuyan Ni, Zhennan Yan, Tingting Wu, Jin Fan, Chao Chen: "A Region-of-Interest-Reweight 3D Convolutional Neural Network for the Analytics of Brain Information Processing", in the 21st International Conference on Medical Image Computing & Computer Assisted Intervention (MICCAI), 2018
7. Xiuyan Ni, Novi Quadrianto, Yusu Wang, Chao Chen: "Composing Tree Graphical Models with Persistent Homology Features for Clustering Mixed-Type Data", in the 34rd International Conference on Machine Learning (ICML), 2017
8. Pengxiang Wu, Chao Chen, Yusu Wang, Shaoting Zhang, Changhe Yuan, Zhen Qian, Dimitris Metaxas, Leon Axel: "Optimal Topological Cycles and Their Application in Cardiac Trabeculae Restoration", in the 25th biennial international conference on Information Processing in Medical Imaging (IPMI), 2017
- Data structures
- Machine learning and image analysis
- Big data analytics
- Computer Science for Biomedical Informatics